Introduction - Challenging a Will
Will and Inheritance Disputes are becoming increasingly common. If you have concerns about a Will or are involved in a Probate dispute or a Trust dispute you should seek legal advice at an early opportunity
The law in England and Wales gives an individual the right to choose how their estate is distributed on their death. There are however a number of ways that this distribution can be challenged depending on the circumstances.
We have experience of dealing with all aspects of disputes relating to Wills, Estates and Trusts including:
- Getting a Will set aside for lack of capacity, undue influence, invalid execution, fraud or forgery.
- Rectifying a Will to ensure it reflects the deceased’s wishes.
- Making and defending claims for Reasonable Financial Provision from an Estate under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Claims relating to the negligence of Will Drafters in the preparation of a Will.
- Assisting in the defending of claims brought against Estates/Executors/beneficiaries